Tuesday, January 1, 2013

If You Liked The Hunger Games, Read Whispers in Autumn by YA Review by The Book Babe



Guess what?? Lil Berry, the sweetest, most awesome blogger of all time (well maybe not all time, but she's pretty awesome!) has invited me to be a part of her new feature, Read That. It's like a booky version of Like This, Watch That. Which I have never really understood, because we don't have TV, so I haven't seen Gossip Girl, or Pretty Little Liars, or whatever show is popular now. But we have movies, so I'm TOTALLY qualified for this. TOTALLY. So, without further ado I bring you my feature! :D

I know that most of you have seen The Hunger Games. And before I bore you to death with my monologues about how it ruined bits of the book and I was pretty disappointed in comparison to the book, I'll tell you that it's actually pretty good. As long as you aren't thinking about the book while watching it. Anywho, for anyone who's seen The Hunger Games, (you don't have to have liked it!) I would recommend reading Whispers in Autumn by Trisha Leigh. It was AMAZING. Seriously. It was epic, and for a self-published? EPICNESS HAPPENED. I need the next book, but I've got to save a little bit of cash to get it. And here's a little info about the book, (and the movie!) so that you can better get to know them. (:

Title: The Hunger Games
Director: Gary Ross
Stars: Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, and Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne
Release Date: March 23, 2012

Katniss Everdeen voluntarily takes her younger sister's place in the Hunger Games, a televised fight to the death in which two teenagers from each of the twelve Districts of Panem are chosen at random to compete.






Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1)Title: Whispers in Autumn
Author: Trisha Leigh
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: July 24, 2012

In 2015, a race of alien Others conquered Earth. They enslaved humanity not by force, but through an aggressive mind control that turned people into contented, unquestioning robots. 

Except sixteen-year-old Althea isn’t content at all, and she doesn’t need the mysterious note inside her locket to tell her she’s Something Else. It also warns her to trust no one, so she hides the pieces that make her different, even though it means being alone. 

Then she meets Lucas, everything changes. 

Althea and Lucas are immune to the alien mind control, and together they search for the reason why. What they uncover is a stunning truth the Others never anticipated, one with the potential to free the brainwashed human race. 

It’s not who they are that makes them special, but what.

And what they are is a threat. One the Others are determined to eliminate for good.

So, have you read Whispers in Autumn? Seen The Hunger Games? Think that they're worthy of each other?


5 comments:

  1. Loved Whispers In Autumn it actually was on my Top Ten Favorite Books of 2012 but I'm not sure if I'd have paired it with The Hunger Games. I would of chosen Disturbing Behavior but that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin, I guess I will have to check Disturbing Behavior out then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature one thing though there is something wrong with the Hunger Games poster at least on my computer tried reloading a couple times. Hope this feature works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Shaft, it is now fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Megan! i have read all the books in The Hunger Games trilogy and love them all. your post piqued my curiosity. i snagged a copy of Whispers in Autumn last year and it's on my TBR. i might have to bump off a few books and get on with it. thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disqus