Friday, May 25, 2012

The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas



Series: The Magic Thief #1
Publication Date: June 3rd, 2008
Publisher: HarperCollins
ISBN-13: 9780061375873

Synopsis
What was supposed to be the end of Conns life turns out to be the window of opportunity to leave the world of thievery and the chance to enter the world of magic. After trying to steal a wizard's locus magicalicus Conn get's to meet his owner, Nevery, the magician that intrigued by Conn takes him under his wing and both will en trial in a magical journey while learning the secrets the magical magistrate are keeping from Nevery and Conn must face school and finding his own locus magicalicus before his chance to become a wizard ticks away.

Review
Sarah Prineas amazes me again, she creates a world that for most living in it might seem with so little possibilities but in Conn's eyes you see a world full of possibilities even when you feel like giving up this smart boy doesn't let you and pushes you to continue not only reading but also enjoying the beginning of his journey, and leaves you with this sensation that the characters in the book are not saying good bye but that they will be waiting for you in the next installment of this series waiting for you to share their adventures.
This book is one I would love my little cousins to read, it has several teachings that are mostly missing in the lives of young kids today, she touches subjects like protecting the environment, bullies and if people are defined for their past or they're family ties.
This book has also this cute and funny detail that, it has a secret language hidden within it's pages and you get to see how to decipher it.

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. It was because I had a little kid. Just one word: BARNEY. That was it for the TV. :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually comment on reviews, but I had to say thanks for this one AND tell you that my family and I haven't had a TV since 1993! So I'm loving the title of your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for not answering earlier I was just soo excited I forgot to reply :(
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read and comment this review, it really means a lot :D
    And wow TV free since 93 RESPECT, I wish I can one day do the same

    ReplyDelete

Disqus