Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood



Series: The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1
Publication Date: February 7th, 2012
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
ISBN-13: 9780399257452

Synopsis
In a world where women where stripped of their status as equals and fear that one faithful day the brothers will take them away from their friend and family for being suspected to be witches, three sister try to leave they're life's as normal as they can.
In town they are known to be a little eccentric, and reclusive since their mother left this world. The eldest, Cate, was left with the responsibility of taking care of her two little sisters, guide them the best she can and keep the brothers from knowing the truth. All three sisters are witches.
Now with evil lurking everywhere and with no idea with whom they are to trust her mother's diary appears to guide them, but will they be able to locate the evil her mother is warning them from and can they change a future everyone thinks is theirs?  


Review
Love the story it was really interesting, fun and with a beautiful narration. The way it's written it feels from times passed gives it the perfect touch, you can really feel the emotions that Cate feels, all the frustration, happiness, sadness, everything that presents itself in this story. 
This is the first book that after making me feel: so angry, barely handling the suspense and or the butterflies and knots attacked my stomach. I've had books that have had me in the edge of my seat but never something like this I think I loved it a little more then hating the pauses I had to make to settle my poor stomach.
I really recommend this book, this is a good read for all year long! I can't wait for the next installment of this series to come out!!!

Rating:


1 comment:

  1. I keep feeling like there's something wrong with me when I say I didn't care for this book. It was enjoyable, but it just didn't really hold my attention. A lot of this is due to me not liking Cate too though. However, I've heard a lot of people loving it so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus