Monday, December 9, 2013

{Audiobook Review} Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell


Publication date: September 10, 2013
Narrators: Rebecca Lowman, Maxwell Caulfield
Publisher:  St. Martin's Press
ISBN-13: 9780804121293
Synopsis 
There are fans and there are fangirls, Cath falls in the second category. Simon Snow has been a great part of her life, not only has she read all the books and she is a respected figure when talking about Simon Snow fanfcition, but it used to be something that tied her and her sister together.
Now it seems that their twin senses aren’t tingling nor in sync. College is around the corner and Wren just drop a bomb on her, they are not rooming together. Now Cath is at the mercy of her new roommate and her charming and always smiling boyfriend.
To add a little to the stress of her new environment Wren’s and Cath’s father isn’t what you would call stable and Cath can’t stop worrying about it. College, family and people are all coming at Cath whether she is ready or not, can this fangirl survive in an environment so far away from her comfort zone?
Review
I loved loved loved Fangirl, I was squirming, screaming and squealing, jumping and turning. Honestly I’ve been banging my head on my desk for not reading it as soon as it came out.
Would I’ve not enjoyed this book as much if I just read it instead of listening to the audio book? Definitely! That is not to say that Rebecca Lowman didn’t do a good job giving life to the whole fangirl entourage, and not to say that Maxwell Caulfield didn’t do a great backing her up.
The characters where yummy to read, Cath’s insecurities, her motivation, the way she was hit by the bumps in the road made her a really interested and fun character to read. The best part of it was that I never felt that she was being untrue to herself.
Secondary characters wise, yes some of them where kind of predictable but others punched this really nice surprises and I would love to get lost in a short story of Ragen and Levi. This book covers the basis of a standalone, it has the sweet glory of having a full story in just one book with the sweetest agony of wanting and craving for more.

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. Great review! And I'm happy it's for an audiobook - I always look to find good audiobooks. I've heard lots of good things about Fangirl, and I think I will definitely be adding it to my audio-book "to-read" list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh glad you enjoyed it. I loved Attachments so might have to try this next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a realistic read. It’s a fun read. Any fangirl, or fanboy, should
    be able to relate to this book. I feel like it’s me, in a nutshell. Just
    don’t be surprised when you’re horribly disappointed that Simon/Baz
    fanfic doesn’t actually exist. I still haven’t gotten over that.
    Hopefully Rainbow Rowell will write some for us :)
    Best site for Seattle Divorce Lawyer website

    ReplyDelete

Disqus