Monday, November 25, 2013

{Arc Review} Becoming Alphay by Aileen Erin

Series: Alpha Girl #1
Publication date: December 17, 2013
Publisher:  Ink Monster, LLC
ISBN-13: 9780989405010
Synopsis  
A life of perpetual abnormality was not really a life, no matter where we moved my curse would follow. I can’t touch anyone without listening and seen what they are feeling, what they are thinking. Sadly things can always turn for the worst.
My one opportunity to start fresh and to have contact with people like me was in Texas, and yet one stupid silly sexy kiss turned my world… or should I say myself into something I was not expecting… a werewolf.
Review
I am guilty of picking up this book from Netgalley because it satisfies my guilty pleasure of werewolves finding their mates, their destined lovers. You see it is only with this paranormal creatures that I can accept the idea of insta love and meant to be’s. And let me tell you that this book filled up to my expectations.
This is the story of Tessa, a girl with a supernatural ability that lets her know by touch what others are feeling or thinking, haunted by this reality her family decides to relocate to a place they hope will bring better opportunities to Tessa and a fresh start, sadly this two don’t come in the way her family was hoping for.
Both Tessa and the reader get pushed around into a world that goes from the boarder from normality and makes us deep into urban fantasy. Tessa is turned into a werewolf, a shifter and now her school life goes from high school into a secret boarding school for werewolves.
The world we go into is not perfect, the rules at first come like things we know but little by little we see little shifts and little changes on the rules of the world. Soon enemies come and new allies start to show their faces.
Tessa is a girl that respects herself, a girl that will try to do the right thing even if life has not treated her. I like the fact that she is loved in her family circle and that compared to other books she has a healthy relationships with them.
Dastien on the other hand was a character that I had some issues with, he is the main lead and the reason Tessa’s destiny is changed forever. But even though his logic might have been correct his actions make him sketchy and not as lovable as I feel the author was trying to make him.
I want the next installment to come out soon, Avoiding Alpha, there were some shifts near the end of the book that lead me to make assumptions and speculations about how the next book will turn up and hopefully that there will be no regression with the characters and more evolution in the story and characters will take place.
Rating:

3.5 Broken TV’s.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I would agree that insta love seems to work best for werewovles.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus