Friday, December 21, 2012

Feature and Follow: Publishing Industry



WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED FROM BOOK BLOGGING THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE ABOUT THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY?


Mmmm... Well I don't know a lot about the publishing industry other then there are a lot more steps to making a book then I expected, and that authors don't have as much power over things like covers as I once thought  which I find it weird it's light giving birth to a baby and not being able to take some of the important choices like what the baby's name will be.
Another thing I found out is that for as much or little of the publishing industry that I know I respect those that are working in it, those that design the webpages, book covers and book trailers. The authors that write the awesome books we love and care for, their editors that work along side them, and everyone else that works behind the scenes.
I know there is still a lot to learn about the book blogging world and the publishing industry but I am trying to find my way. 

RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Happy Follow Friday! 

10 comments:

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readMarch 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM

    Yeah the thing about covers was an interesting tidbit. They can say something or give some input but it isn't always acknowledged! Even if the cover is so far from the story.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, but it adds a little something something when they match or you finish reading the book and you find a little secret the cover was holding all along, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter that it has taken a while, what is important is that you took your time to do so. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome!!
    And Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that
    it has taken me so long to respond to your FF, but I have been enjoying a well
    earned break with the family!!

    Thanx for
    visiting my FF!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace


    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog!New follower!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah thats crazy i can't imagine writing a book and not being 100% a part of its cover! check out my FF *New Follower* ~ Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, lets up they let authors be more involved in the other areas of their book publishing process

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Book List ReviewsMarch 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM

    Thanks for stopping by! Great FF answer :) Following you back via GFC!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus